The Chamber of the Northern Poconos announces Wally Ice Fest scheduled for January 28 & 29 has been postponed until February 25 & 26, pending safe ice conditions on Lake Wallenpaupack. We do not expect the current weather forecast to allow enough ice making progress to support all of our events in January.
The NOAA Forecast and Trends shows us that we are undergoing a warm spell. After near normal temperatures this holiday weekend, warmer than normal temperatures are possible the rest of the month. However, the long range weather and temperature forecasts do look good for a colder February. So, we will remain very optimistic that Wally Ice Fest will be held on a frozen solid Lake Wallenpaupack in 2017.
The next Announcement will be made on February 10th. We expect the following events to take place:
- Paupack Plunge – Feb 25th THIS WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS OF ICE CONDITIONS ON THE LAKE
- Anthracite Curling – Feb 25th
- Pocono Pond Hockey Tournament – Feb 25-26
- Ice Tee Golf Tournament – Feb 25-26
- Crystal Cabin Fever – starting Feb 3rd but will continue through Wally Ice Fest weekend. THIS WILL HAPPEN REGARDLESS OF ICE CONDITIONS ON THE LAKE
- Lodging and Restaurants specials will also carry over to Wally Ice Fest weekend
Please visit www.wallyicefest.com for more information or to register for all events.